Distance and Online Learning @ BDMS
Hello Black Diamond Families,
This section has information about:
- the Learning Centers that the district has set up for the fourth quarter.
- resources in this section for each of the subject areas for further support during distance learning.
- the Virtual Wellness Room to help support students, created by our Guidance Counselor Jennifer Gordon.
We have refined our program to better serve students in this format. A significant change is that students will follow a schedule. It is important that students are logged in and ready to go at their assigned periods. Attendance will be taken for each period and grades given which are additional changes from our spring activities. Students will be in virtual class with each of their teachers twice a week. During the remainder of the week students will work independently on projects and assignments. Some of this work may include collaborating with students in teams, so students may need to be online at other times during the day. All of this work will be facilitated by the teachers. On August 24 th, we will post our Orientation video for students and families. This video will cover all of the usual orientation topics, giving more detail on instruction and school community.
We will be using the following services this year:
- Echo will be our learning management system where teachers will post their class materials, students will submit their assignments, grades and feedback will be given, and guardians can check in on their student's work.
- Microsoft Teams will be used to schedule "live" instruction, class meetings, course recordings, or office hours
- One Drive/ Office 365 will be how students can create and share their work, access their email, and gain important management and technology literacy skills
Questions? Click here to contact us.
Technology Resources and Updates
- Find Low-Cost Internet Service and Computers in Your Area
EveryoneOn is proud to work with and feature diverse Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that are committed to providing low-cost home internet service. For a snapshot of the low-cost internet service programs we feature, click here.
In response to the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on society, multiple Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have made updates to their low-cost internet service programs to ensure individuals and families stay connected to the internet during this challenging time. We’ve updated our low-cost internet service options tool to reflect these changes.
Distance learning occurs when the student and instrutor are in different locations. Distance learning options include online learning as well as independent study packets.
During this unprecedented time, we encourage students to maintain their learning by utilizing the following optional and voluntary resources.
Use the navigation bar to view resources in each of the content areas.